This festive pink gin spritz is made with a splash of cranberry juice, for a lively refreshing drink! It’s a delicious drink for the holidays, and is made with just 3 simple ingredients. A classic gin spritz cocktail can be enjoyed year round, but this one definitely has a festive flair!
I’ve shared my simple recipe for a cranberry St-Germain spritz, but today we’re subbing out the elderflower liqueur for gin, making for a slightly stronger beverage. This gin spritz recipe is so easy to mix up and very adaptable for the seasons. In the winter use cranberry juice and a garnish of rosemary and sugared cranberries. For a light and fresh summer drink on a hot day, make a citrus gin spritz. Just sub in either lime juice or orange juice and a fruity garnish. You’re going to love this earthy and bright cocktail.
Why this recipe works
- 3 simple ingredients that are easy to find
- Versatile cocktail that can be adjusted for the season or ingredients you have on hand
- Can be made in a big batch for anything from a new year’s brunch to a summer BBQ
- Beautiful crowd-pleasing drink that your guests will love
- Can be made nonalcoholic with a gin alternative and dealcoholized sparkling white wine
3 simple ingredients
- Your favorite gin – look for a good quality London Dry gin. Bombay Sapphire, Beefeater and Tanqueray are all classic gin options that are free of added sugars or flavors that will distract from the natural hint of juniper botanicals.
- Prosecco – a sparkling wine produced in the Prosecco region of Italy. Prosecco is crisp and refreshing, and a bit more fruity than champagne, and pairs nicely with the botanical nature of gin.
- Cranberry juice – 100% pure cranberry juice preferred, not cranberry juice cocktail, which has added sugar or corn syrup.
- Club soda or soda water (optional) – If you’d like to lighten up the drink a bit, add an ounce of water and stir in. Make sure not to use tonic water, which is quite sweet and will throw off the flavors.
Mixing up your gin spritz
Because of the sparkling prosecco, you’ll want to stir this drink rather than make it in a cocktail shaker. You can make it right in your cocktail glass or in a cocktail mixing glass.
The classic spritz cocktail such as an Aperol spritz, has a 3-2-1- ratio. 3 parts prosecco, 2 parts liqueur, and 1 part club soda. We are adjusting this a bit though since we are using a hard alcohol.
The recipe for this easy cocktail is 6 ounces of prosecco, 1 ounce of gin and 1 ounce of cranberry juice. Add a 1 ounce splash of soda water if you’d like to lighten the cocktail up a bit. Pour all ingredients in your glass of choice and stir well with a cocktail spoon. Add ice and the garnishes and you have yourself a new gin spritz! This amount fits perfectly in a tall glass like a highball or collins glass. Or as shown here, served in large wine glasses.
Seasonal variations of this gin spritz
The cranberry juice is what makes this cocktail so festive and pretty! To make a pink gin spritz for the summer months, use fresh grapefruit juice for a grapefruit gin spritz. Or Fever Tree makes a delicious sparkling pink grapefruit juice that has the prettiest light pink hue.
For a classically refreshing spritz, use fresh lemon juice and garnish with cucumber slices, lemon peel and mint leaves.
A Sicilian gin spritz uses fresh blood orange juice, Campari, prosecco and gin. It has a light, fruity flavor that’s a little too easy to drink though haha.
As you can see, there are a lot of ways to mix things up with this simple cocktail, and all are relatively easy recipes. Have fun with it and make it your own, but definitely give my version of this cranberry pink gin cocktail a try this holiday season.
To make a batch for a party
In a standard 80 ounce pitcher, add 1 bottle of prosecco, about 26 ounces. Stir in about 10 ounces of gin and 4-6 ounces of cranberry juice. To make the batch go a bit further and ensure your guests don’t get too tipsy haha, add about 13 ounces of sparkling water. Adjust to taste. This will yield approximately 5 10 ounce servings.
Check out more seasonal recipes below and please leave a rating or comment if you give this a try and enjoy it!
Tried this recipe? Please leave a comment and/or rating, letting me know how you enjoyed it! Connect with me on Instagram and Pinterest, and never miss a post by signing up for my weekly newsletter!
Cranberry Gin Spritz
- 6 ounces Prosecco
- 1 ounce Gin
- 1 ounce Cranberry juice
- 1 ounce Soda water optional
- Sugared cranberries and fresh rosemary garnish
- Pour all ingredients in your glass of choice and stir well with a cocktail spoon. Add ice and the garnishes.
Leave a Reply