This white chocolate Halloween snack mix is a quick and easy recipe, perfect for after-school snacking and Halloween parties. It comes together in minutes, is super tasty and versatile, allowing you to sub in other ingredients based on your preferences. It’s also a great sweet treat to add to my spooky Halloween Charcuterie Board.
This is an updated spooky twist on my Holiday Chex Mix that has been a family favorite for years. You know its holiday season when this salty snack mix appears! And since festive holiday season truly begins in October, I had to update one of our favorite sweet treats for Halloween. Read on to see how quick and easy this Halloween Chex mix recipe is. And if you’d prefer your snack mix more savory than sweet, then definitely check out this Parmesan Ranch Bold Chex Mix.
Why this recipe works
- Delicious and full of great flavor and texture. With the mix of the different cereals, pretzels and nuts, offset by melted white chocolate, this Halloween mix is the perfect combination of sweet and savory, light and crunchy.
- Customizable with your favorite ingredients. What we are really going for is a snack mix that has a blend of crunchy, salty and sweet flavors. Feel free to swap out ingredients for what you love or have on hand.
- Makes a great little homemade gift. Boo your neighbor or family friends with a package of this and you’ll make a very happy family! Include a gift tag with the recipe attached so you can pass on the recipe for this great snack mix.
- Budget friendly, quick and easy. Three things that are music to my ears.
- No baking required! I love this delicious snack mix because it’s easy! But I also love it because I don’t need to bake it, as many other chex mixes require.
Easy Halloween snack mix ingredients
- Rice Chex and Corn Chex – 2 cups each and of course like I said above, feel free to sub in for a different type of Chex cereal.
- Plain Cheerios – 2 cups
- Salty pretzels sticks or twists – 2 cups
- Mixed nuts, preferably unsalted – 1 cup
- Festive holiday M & M’s – 1 bag (or sub out for another favorite Halloween candy like classic candy corn, candy corn pumpkins or Reese’s pieces)
- White Chocolate Chips – 1 bag. I like either Guittard’s, or if you are watching your sugar, Lily’s makes a great low sugar chocolate chip
- Optional fun add-ins – edible candy eyes and fun Halloween candy sprinkles to give
How to make this homemade Chex mix for Halloween
This monster munch comes together so easily you don’t really even have to think about it!
Start by adding all 3 cereals to a large bowl, and then add the pretzels, nuts and candy to the cereal mixture. Gently mix together.
Melt chocolate chips over a double broiler or in the microwave, then gently stir into the mix with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Make sure to coat all the parts of the snack mix so the pieces stick together and create bite size chunks to enjoy.
Place a piece of parchment paper on a rimmed baking sheet, and spread out the fun Halloween snack mix on the prepared tray and let set to room temperature. When ready, break apart into chunks and small pieces. Toss in a bowl and serve right away, or store in an airtight container to enjoy later.
This is the perfect mix to enjoy while watching your favorite scary movie, or really anytime throughout spooky season. The whole family will truly enjoy this festive snack mix!
Other mix-ins that would be great with this Halloween party mix
- Caramel corn would be delicious great option to add in or replace the candy.
- Peanut butter m&m’s would give it a unique twist over the traditional chocolate m&m’s
- Crunchy Bugle’s are a popular ingredient in many Chex mix recipes
Need more Halloween inspiration?
Halloween is a big deal around here, so I love creating new recipes for my family. It’s also a very busy time of year with sports and school activities, so I stick with quick and easy dinners. Here are a few great recipes to get you through the Halloween season! Happy Halloween!
Halloween treats your kids will love:
- Halloween Sugar Cookies – learn the tricks for making perfect royal icing and how to create spooky spider webs with this reader favorite recipe.
- Halloween Chocolate Covered Strawberries – another fun after-school snack that you can have silly spooky fun with. Really easy to make and allows for tons of creative freedom!
Delicious dinner ideas:
- Creamy Taco Soup – make this quick and easy soup in less than 30 minutes, using store-bough shredded chicken.
- Hamburger Potato Soup – an easy, comforting soup that is as affordable as it is delicious. Only requires 1 pound of ground beef and can feed the whole family!
- Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs & Veggies – easy prep and clean up, on top of being a delicious meal in one? Sign me up for this reader favorite!
White Chocolate Halloween Snack Mix
- 2 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 2 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 2 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups Pretzels
- 1 cup Mixed nuts preferably unsalted
- 12 ounces M&M's festive Halloween holiday
- 12 ounces White chocolate chips melted
- Start by adding all 3 cereals to a large bowl, and then add the pretzels, nuts and candy to the cereal mixture. Gently mix together.
- Melt chocolate chips over a double broiler or in the microwave, then gently stir into the mix with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Make sure to coat all the parts of the snack mix.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a rimmed baking sheet, and spread out the Halloween snack mix on the prepared tray and let set to room temperature. When ready, break apart into chunks and small pieces. Enjoy!