Create these adorable heart jeans for yourself or your little girl. Full step-by-step tutorial shows how easy it is to DIY this fun heart craft! Just in time for Valentine’s Day!
It doesn’t look like brightly colored denim is going away anytime soon, especially for the little ones, and so I recently bought another pair on sale last week. I was struck by a bit of inspiration over today and decided to add some stenciled hearts to them. They’re great for Valentine’s Day, but of course ladies can get away with wearing hearts on their pants all year long!
Supplies needed for this heart craft
- Heart stencil – you can create your own with some thick card stock or the cardboard from a cereal box
- Fabric paint – I really like the Tulip brand
- Sponge brushes
- Denim jeans, or any piece of clothing you want to try this on!
How to DIY these Heart Jeans
- Gather your supplies and cut out your heart stencil.
- Hold your stencil firmly in place, then apply paint in a blotting motion. Don’t try to “brush” it on.
- Lift your stencil up in one fell swoop and move to the next section you want to paint. This will prevent smudging.
- You can eyeball your stencil placement, or plan it out perfectly. Try not to overthink it though!
Tips and tricks to for this DIY project
- You’ll want to make 2 stencils because you’ll notice that after you complete the first leg, the paper will start to break down a bit from the moisture of the paint. This will cause some bleeding and smudging to occur, so try to swap out before this happens.
- Keep a moist rag on hand for mess ups.
- Use the stencil as the guide and place it corner to corner so you get somewhat even hearts. If you notice, there are four rows of hearts just staggered but going straight down the entire length of the pant.
- You can paint hearts on both sides, but it’s just as easy and cute to paint on the single front side.
Taylor is pretty much in love with her heart jeans, and I pretty much want a pair for myself now. Because honestly, the only thing better than faded neon denim, is faded neon denim with hearts painted on them. Am I right, or am I right? Enjoy, and please let me know if you follow this heart craft and make a pair!
Check out these other great DIY crafts!
- DIY Orchid Centerpiece
- DIY Wire Star Wall Art
- Valentine’s Day Paper Heart Garland
Great article! Excellent work! I read to all the blog. Such a great idea! Can I Sale this products online on https://www.seebiz.com/categories/apparel/Buy Wholesale Boys Clothing: Boys Jeans
Can u tell me, after u painted ur jeans, did u dry them in dryer or not and if so how long.
Cute!! I love this idea. I kinda want a pair for myself. 😉 Look at that little fashion blogger model in the making! xo
Son preciosos, me encantan.
Además soy una romántica y tengo debilidad por los corazones y las cosas bonitas.
I made these this weekend with acrylic paint…now I’m worried they will be ruined if I wash them. Do you know if the paint will wash off? Other than that they turned out great and I love them!
Jillian @ Hi! It's Jilly says
SO cute and fun! My daughters would love these! 🙂
does it just wash off tho? xx
This is such a great idea. It turned out really cute!