IMG_8032Hi there friends. It’s Friday and I’m running around, trying to get ready for Memorial Day weekend, but I wanted to pop in and say hi. How are you? Have any fun plans for the weekend? Well in case you’re looking for a craft or are hosting a BBQ this weekend, I thought I’d share a project from the archives of my other blog, that still is as relevant and pretty back then as it is today. The actual tutorial itself is fairly simple and you might have seen it already around the web, but if not, you can see how I made the exact same luminaries for Halloween, by following this tutorial. But the thing I’ve always loved about these patriotic ones is how simple and pretty they look when glowing on a Summer night at dusk. Have a happy Memorial Day everyone. See you back on Monday (or Tuesday if I’m enjoying myself too much)!

IMG_8038 IMG_8044 IMG_8046 IMG_8056 IMG_8058 IMG_8063 IMG_8059

59 Comments

wire.kapitall.com

I believe everything composed made a bunch of sense.
But, what about this? suppose you added a little information?

I am not suggesting your content is not good, but suppose you added a title that grabbed
people’s attention? I mean DIY Patriotic Mason Jar Luminaries For the Love of

Caroline @ The Home Depot

Hi Andrea,

What a clever idea for DIY luminaries! I would love to pin this to the Home Depot’s Red, White, and Blue Pinterest board if you don’t mind.

Cheers,
Caroline
Senior Editor, homedepot.com

Baseswiki.org

I really like what you guys are up too. Such clever work and reporting!
Keep up the amazing works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll.

this Site

This design is wicked! You obviously know how to keep a reader amused.
Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own
blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Wonderful job.
I really loved what you had to say, and more than that,
how you presented it. Too cool!

Laubsauger Test

This design is wicked! You obviously know how to keep a reader amused.
Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Excellent job.
I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Too cool!

Norberto

Right here is the perfect blog for anyone who would like to find out about this topic.
You know so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually will need to…HaHa).
You certainly put a fresh spin on a subject which has been written
about for years. Excellent stuff, just wonderful!

Candy

Are the candles you show battery operated or regular lit candles? I have never used Mod Podge before and don’t know if is safe to light real candles inside them?

Thanks! They are so good looking!

Patsy

These patriot jars are really cute. So I found you to get directions to make for the 4th.

Top 10 Patriotic Projects for Kids ⋆ Steal Mag

[…] Get your yard set for fireworks with these simple luminaries. Each child can have a jar, glue and pre-cut squares of red, white and blue tissue paper. Just set them gluing and then line your walkways and deck with beautiful glowing patriotic luminaries. (via For The Love Of) […]