A cucumber jalapeno margarita is the perfect refreshing cocktail for any time of year! This spicy margarita is made with fresh cucumber, basil, jalapeno, and sweetened with a little bit of honey.
There’s just certain cocktails that can totally transport us to a different destination, right? Like a margarita. Suddenly you’re not just chilling on your deck you’re now relaxing on a beautiful beach somewhere.
Refreshing cocktail in hand. Maybe a good book. Gorgeous sunny weather. I’m already a bit more relaxed just thinking about it! Aren’t you?
I recently shared this Coconut Pineapple Margarita Recipe, but today we are heating things up with this cucumber jalapeno margarita. So even if it’s not a sunny day where you are right now, I think this jalapeno margarita recipe will definitely brighten your day.
Grab these Ingredients
- Lime – Fresh lime juice is a must for a really good margarita. I also like to have a few lime wedges to garnish my jalapeno margraita in the end.
- Tequila – You can use your favorite tequila if you have one.
- Grand Marnier – This is a traditional ingredient in a margarita. It’s an orange flavored liqueur known as triple sec.
- Basil – This is my fun new twist on a typical cucumber jalapeno margarita recipe. It adds a wonderful freshness and brightness to the recipe. I highly recommend adding it!
- Cucumber – Cucumber just pairs so well with the jalapeno. You will muddle the cucumber together with the jalapeno.
- Jalapeno – Of course a jalapeno margarita recipe wouldn’t be complete without it! Fresh jalapeno is going to be muddled to really release the spiciness in those slices. We added 3 jalapeno slices, but you can use less or add more depending on how spicy you like your margaritas!
- Honey – A little honey helps to perfectly balance and sweeten this margarita.
- Ice – Of course you are going to need some ice there bartender! But you knew that didn’t you? 😉
How To Make
to Salt Or Not To Salt?
That is always the ultimate margarita question! And of course, it’s always up to you. If you do want salt on the rim, here is the trick: take a lime wedge and run it around the edge of the glass. This will help the salt stick. And then dip the glass into your salt.
If you want a little more heat, instead of a regular salt rim try a chili salt rim, such as Tajin.
Can I add more jalapenos? Can I add less?
Yes absolutely. Adjust to your preferred spice level. I found 3 jalapeno slices were perfect for two cocktails.
Can I Use Agave Nectar Instead Of Honey?
Yes you can definitely substitute agave for the honey.
What If I Don’t Own A Muddler?
Don’t worry you can just use the back of a spoon to muddle the ingredients together.
Tools Needed To Make This Recipe
I hope you enjoy this delicious and refreshing cocktail as much as I do! And if you’d like to try another margarita version of a reader favorite around here, then blend up this Coconut Pineapple Margarita.
cucumber jalapeno margarita
- 1 lime juiced
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier
- 4 basil leaves
- 4 cucumber slices
- 3 jalapeno slices
- 1 tbsp honey you could also use agave syrup or maple syrup
- 2 cups ice
- salt, lime, basil leaf and cucumber slice for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, place the cucumber slices, basil, jalapeno, lime juice and honey. Muddle the cucumber and basil with a cocktail muddler or the back of a wooden spoon, just to release the juices and herbal essence.
- Add the tequila and Grand Marnier to the cocktail shaker, along with 1 cup of ice. Cover with a lid and shake till well mixed.
- Fill 2 cocktail glasses with 1/2 cup each, and equally pour out the cocktail into each glass.
- Top with a splash of club soda and add garnish.
Follow along with me on Instagram! And if you make this recipe be sure to tag me @howe.we.live so I can see! I love seeing what you’re making!