Leek, White Bean & Tuna Spring Salad
A refreshing yet satisfying salad to welcome in Spring. Adapted from The Silver Spoon for Children cookbook
Servings: 1 -2
- 1 small head of baby lettuce like bib or green leaf shredded
- 1 small leek thinly sliced white part only
- 1 can of tuna packed in water drained and broken in chunks
- 1 Roma tomato de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cannelini beans or great northern beans
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1/2-1 lemon to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Rub garlic all along sides and bottom of salad bowl.
Pour olive oil and pine nuts in bottom of salad bowl and toss to combine
Place all other ingredients in the salad bowl, and squeeze lemon juice on top, and toss to combine.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.