Ground Beef Picadillo with Cauliflower Rice
A flavorful Cuban-style ground beef picadillo. With the unexpected tang of green olives and a hint of sweetness from raisins, this comforting beef dish cooks up in one pan and in under 30 minutes, making for a quick clean-up!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion diced or thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp each chili powder & ground cumin
- 1 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup green olives either sliced or pimento stuffed, in about 1/4 cup of their own brine of olive juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Cauliflower or white rice and plantain chips to serve
In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and salt & pepper, and cook through, making sure to break up the ground beef into crumbles.
Drain and set aside.
Add in another tbsp of olive oil and cook the onions and garlic for 3-5 minutes till translucent.
Stir in the chili powder and cumin till well combined.
Add in the tomatoes, red wine vinegar and stir till combined.
Add in the raisins and the olives & the brine, stirring till combined.
Lastly, add back in the ground beef and stir till combined. Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
Serve over white or cauliflower rice and plantain chips.