Farmer's Market Salad
A Farmer's Market Salad is a hearty side dish or a main entree, using fresh in-season ingredients you may already have on hand.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 -6
- 1 head of Romaine or other leafy lettuce
- 1 head of Kale
- 1 red beet
- 1 cucumber
- 1-2 seasonal vegetables
- small bunch of fresh herbs like parsley dill or chives
- 1 small fennel bulb with flowered ends in tact
- 2 lemons
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- optional marcona almonds or other nuts soft cheese like goat or feta
Chop all vegetables and lettuces and combine in bowl. Mix in finely chopped fresh herbs.
To make the dressing, combine the juice of 2 lemons, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tbsp of fresh chopped herbs, 1 tsp of Dijon mustard and whisk together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Gently mix dressing with salad, and top with optional nuts and cheese. Serve immediately.