Slow Cooker Budget Stew
A quick and affordable slow cooker recipe the whole family will love.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 6 -8 servings
- 1.3 lbs ground meat of choice; beef bison or turkey
- 1 lb of potatoes of choice cut into large cubes
- 3-4 large carrots peeled & cut into large cubes
- 1/2 cup pearl onions peeled
- 1 tsp each of salt pepper, garlic & onion powder, and oregano
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1 cup of water
Brown the meat on medium heat until almost cooked through, then add to slow cooker along with the onions, potatoes and carrots . Add tomato paste and seasonings to 1 cup of water, stir until combined and pour on top of ingredients in slow cooker. Close lid and cook on high for 3 hours or slow for 5-6 hours.