(Blouse – ASOS Maternity; Jeans – Pea In the Pod Maternity; Shoes – old BCBG; Bangles – Kate Spade; Necklace – F21; Preston Glasses – Warby Parker)

Blouses and dresses with Peter Pan collars are usually not my first choice in silhouettes, but this little top stole my heart nonetheless.  I tried to play down its sweetness though, by wearing it back to a pair of boyfriend jeans and ankle-strap heels, although the rolled bun isn’t really helping matters is it?  This type of ensemble calls for no swear words and lots of cookie baking doesn’t it (yes, I’m a closet swearer, sorry)?

22 weeks and growing!

Styling Tip: To make a Peter Pan collar seem a little less sweet and demure, wear a chunky or bib necklace to offset the look just a bit.

Maternity Styling Tip: Switch up your look during pregnancy by swapping the skinny maternity jeans for a pair of boyfriend maternity jeans.  They are much more comfy and allow for more breathing room than skinnes, plus are just as versatile.  They look great with heels, wedges, flats and flip flops.Linking up with BonBon Rose Girls for Monday Mingle

Like For the Love Of on Facebook! When we hit 100 likes I’ll be giving away a set of the neon rhinestone bangle bracelets!

18 Comments

Anne

I've never been much of a fan either, but I agree: that blouse is darling! Love it with those sandals and that baby bump!

Susan

You are too cute for words! Your first?

I need to read your bio.

Love the shirt. I've seen a ton of these around as of late.

Susan

K…I'm caught up. Congrats on your third!! how wonderful.

And I just realized I recognized you from your other blog. 😉

Andrea

Aww thanks everyone for the lovely comments and feedback about this little blouse! It's such a "mommy" piece I wasn't sure, but it's vintage cuteness makes it a great little piece 🙂

Carly

You look simply adorable and I LOVE those boyfriend jeans on you! I was wearing my regular boyfriend jeans for a bit..but the belly popped about 2 weeks ago (REALLY POPPED) and there was no chance they were going on….not sure I want to invest in another pair of maternity jeans with the summer heat closing in…however you look so damn cute, I kind of want those! Lol. Happy week to you.

C

Jenny

I love the Peter Pan collar! It looks adorable on you and so does the color! I am so glad I found your cute blog on WIWW! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow along 🙂

Modern Modest Beauty