Dress – James Perse; Jacket – Nordstrom BP Dept.; Shoes – Red Valentino; Crossbody Bag – DIY by me & full tutorial available at Making It Lovely; Bracelets & Earrings – Kate Spade

My life this week has been consumed by Downton Abbey, end of year school prep, baby prep, and completing this glorious crossbody bag.  I have given up all searches of a bag until after the baby comes, and have returned all 3 of the previous options I had bought.  Instead, I made my own to get me through summer.  Isn’t it cute?  I wanted to add some studs, but nothing too edgy or industrial, so I used the pretty flat gold studs and I think it’s the perfect little touch.  Me and this bag are going to get along just fine.  After baby I may have to shorten the straps since I made these extra long to fit over the belly.  It’s funny to think that even purse straps have to be adjusted in consideration of a pregnant belly.

And is it weird, or just extremely immature of me, that whenever I say “belly”, I can’t help but think of the Austin Powers quote “get in mah belly!”  On second thought, don’t answer that.  Whoa, pregnancy delirium!  Okay, off to watch an episode of Downton Abbey.  I can’t believe they brought back that SOB Thomas.  Linking up to WIWW & Monday Mingle.

21 Comments

Andrea

Thanks so much! I did rock this dress quite often when not pregnant, so you can definitely too 🙂

Jules

I’ve learned to love hating Thomas. I think you will, too. He’s such a puffy-faced bastard. (Have you noticed that? One side of his face is totally puffy.)

Andrea

I just all around hate him…I don’t think I can learn to handle the hate 😉 thank goodness what’s his name is also back now too. And he’s definitely hitting up the sauce with that puffy face of his!

April

Always a fan of a great denim jacket! And where is that diy? That bag is perfect…I’d love to try it out!

Andrea

The link for the DIY bag is included now. The post wasn’t live last night when I posted mine 🙂

Rawkul @StyleMentor.us

You look beautiful, but I see you are having issues with BOWS. Please join me and thousands of others in our weekly BLA meetings (Bow Lovers Anonymous) to help you overcome your addiction. 🙂 Love those shoes!!! P.S. I am the founder of BLA. 🙂

Heather

Super cute!! Who needs a new bag between this and the amazing Reed Krakoff bag you posted yesterday… I am in love with that one!

Sweet Juicy April

What a cute baby bump! Love the black dress with a jean jacket – so classic and trendy at the same time! This makes me want to be pregnant, but I guess I could try it out on my non-prego body, eh? I LOVE pregnancy fashion – it was one of my favorite things about being pregnant. You look so great.

Andrea

thank you so much. I am actually really enjoying dressing my pregnant body this time around, so much more than with the other two!

Malisa

I felt the EXACT same way when they brought Thomas back on. We watched Seasons 1 & 2 in less than 2 weeks and loved the show. Just found out that they aren’t getting Season 3 until 2013. Does PBS not know how much we love Downton?

And by thr way, You look lovely!

Carly

love the look…denim jacket and little black dress is always chic!
That DIY is awesome…adds that something special to the regular cross body for sure!
Happy week to you.
C

small business wiki

That is very fascinating, You’re a very skilled blogger. I have joined your
rss feed and stay up for in search of more of your fantastic post.
Also, I have shared your website in my social networks